Cosmetic dentistry is the focus on improving your oral profile’s aesthetics with dental procedures in the quest for the perfect smile you desire. Although composite fillings are often used to fill in cavities, they also double as a cosmetic fix above and beyond what dental amalgams can provide, because composites can be crafted and shaded to match the colors of your exact teeth. No matter what use you have for composite fillings, they can provide many benefits.
Here are some of the advantages of composite fillings:
– Composite fillings do not contain mercury, which some people may be allergic to.
– Composite fillings can be used on front teeth and back teeth.
– Composite fillings are extremely durable and more resistant to cracking in smaller cavities than dental amalgams.
– If your composite fillings ever need to be repaired, the original fillings do not need to be removed.
– Dental veneers are completely customizable and designed for – If you are seeking a more natural-looking filling, composites have the added benefit of matching the colors of your teeth so they can blend in with your natural teeth.
– Typically, composite fillings can last upwards of a decade.
If you have a cavity that needs to be repaired, our dentists at Cascade Dental Care can provide you with tooth-colored composite fillings for nearly all sizes of cavities. To book an appointment with Dr. Mark Teigen at our office in Longview, Washington, you can call us at 360-425-8140. Conquering cavities has never been easier!